Local Business Plays Key Role in Fighting COVID-19 Locally
Funding Sustainable Solutions for Packaging Waste
Sparky on a Mission!
Say g’day to the team from McCartney Electrical Solutions. It was great to catch up with them recently and have a chat about what they’ve been up to.
Their Managing Director, Jonno, has a real passion for educating the next generation of electricians – so much so that he and his team were recognised at the Championing Industry in Victorian Schools event earlier this year.
Chatting with Jonno, his passion is clear – and he doesn’t buy into the rhetoric of some that young people are lazy and don’t want to put in the hard yards. His apprentices are living proof. Believing that they can do the job, and to learn, is the first, most important step.
McCartney Electrical are also part of my industry roundtable for the Bayswater Education Plan.
So, a massive shout out to the whole team there – for giving young people a shot at upskilling and getting skills they’ll carry with them for life.
Keep up the great work!
Now Open: Small Business COVID Hardship Fund
The Victorian Government is always looking for more ways to support more businesses in need. That’s why the Victorian Government’s Small Business COVID Hardship Fund will assist eligible small and medium businesses:
- whose operations have been severely impacted by COVID-19 restrictions that have been in place between 27 May 2021 and August 2021
- that have experienced at least a 70% reduction in turnover as a result of the COVID-19 restrictions, and
- that are ineligible for other key COVID-19 Victorian Government business grant programs that have been announced since 27 May 2021.
The program offers grants of $10,000 to eligible small and medium businesses, including employing and non-employing businesses.
It’s specifically designed to help businesses that are able to operate but that have a significantly reduced customer base due to the restrictions, such as pharmacists located in the CBD or manufacturers supplying closed venues, and those whose orders and bookings have been cancelled due to restrictions, such as catering businesses.
More information, is available at https://business.vic.gov.au/grants-and-programs/small-business-covid-hardship-fund
SDI Australia – Another Great Local
Electric Vehicles Leading The Way Locally
Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two & Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund
Applications are now open for the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two July Extension and the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021 July Extension. The extended programs give eligible businesses that did not apply in June, or have since become eligible, an opportunity to apply for the equivalent of July Top-Up Payments.
Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two July Extension
Details on full eligibility criteria, program guidelines, how to apply and FAQs are available at Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two July Extension
Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021 July Extension
Details on full eligibility criteria, program guidelines and FAQs are available at Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021 July Extension
Applications are open until 11:59pm 13 August 2021.
Businesses seeking advice can be directed to the Business Victoria Hotline on 13 22 15
Modern Manufacturing Initiative – Grant opportunities
The Manufacturing Collaboration Stream supports large-scale manufacturing projects with:
- business-to-business collaboration at their core and/or
- business-to-research collaboration at their core.
The objectives of the Manufacturing Collaboration Stream are to:
- Foster collaboration between businesses, research organisations, investors and other parties to realise transformation in Australia’s manufacturers towards higher value added segments of the manufacturing ‘smile curve’
- Support manufacturers to work together to build manufacturing networks and ecosystems, unlock complementary capabilities, overcome barriers to scale and grow, and access global markets
- Support long-term job creation and a more highly skilled workforce in the Australian manufacturing sector
- Increase investment in Australian manufacturing, particularly in high-value added activities
- Increase manufacturing capability, business acumen, knowledge diffusion and expertise.
- For more information on eligibility please read the Grant opportunity guidelines.
Applications will open on Wednesday 11 August 2021.
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/mmic
Industry Capability Network “The Victorian Prospect – July 2021”
Founded in 1984, ICN Victoria exists to support local industry participation, local content considerations and assist with the project procurement process. Read the latest edition of The Victorian Prospect here
To find out more about ICNGateway & to join the networking platform that’s helping Australian business grow go to https://gateway.icn.org.au/
Is your business in a position to win work on infrastructure projects and other procurement options across our state?
Yarra Ranges Council and ICN Victoria held a series of virtual webinar workshops to support local businesses.
If you missed these sessions, you can watch recorded presentation here
These sessions centered on how you can get started with – and significantly improve upon – your ICN Gateway profile, which acts as the way to submit EOIs for projects, connect you to industry buyers, and many other advantages.
- Welcome to ICN “Let’s start the conversation”
- Creating a new profile – targeted to those not yet on the platform
- Profile improvement – targeted to those already on the platform