The Supply Chain Resilience Initiative provides up to $2 million to establish or scale a manufacturing capability or a related activity to address supply chain vulnerabilities for a critical product or input identified in the Sovereign Manufacturing Capability Plan.
Successful applicants and projects will contribute to the program’s goals. The program aims to:
- improve Australia’s resilience to future supply chain shocks
- facilitate diversification of supply options and increase investment in the economy
- enable diversification into export markets and reduce reliance on domestic markets
- improve collaboration between domestic and international manufacturers and suppliers
- mitigate supply chain risks for critical products
- enhance visibility and transparency of the supply chain for critical products
- accelerate digitalisation and deeper integration of technology
- optimise supply chain performance.