September 11, 2021
October 13, 2021
Quarry Reserve Lookout Design & Construct
- Ferntree Gully
Knox City Council (Council) is seeking tenders for the design and delivery of a new city skyline lookout at Quarry Reserve, Ferntree Gully.
The work to be performed under the contract are as following:
The Contractor shall design, supply, construct and install a new city skyline lookout, which include the following key considerations:
• The area at the top of the existing escarpment has frequent issues with access through the existing fenceline, by vandalism and removal of sections of the fence itself.
• This area of the site is a great vantage point, and looks across internal views of the reserve, further afield to the city skyline.
• Design and installation of a purpose built viewing platform, at the most appropriate location, to prevent users being tempted to look for better locations to enjoy the views.
• Creation of a destination point with frequent users, to prevent vandalism of the site through the application of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) principles.
The successful contractor will also be expected to:
• Carry out a geotechnical investigation at the commencement of the project within the project site.
• Be responsible for all design and engineering requirements and documentation.
This project does not have any attachments.